Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Little Holiday Thanksgiving.

In January of 2005, I went to the 10pm closing night holiday show at the Brave New Workshop. The show: "A Very IKEA Christmas or Some Assembly Required."

That show was outstanding, the laughing was so deep, so hearty....so magnificent. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. I could blog about it by the foot on this blog, but nobody wants to read a foot long blog.

(I also wonder if this show was the reason I started working at IKEA the fall of 2005 and was there for five years. Well, this show and Brooke.)

But what I am here to say is that seeing that show was one of those magical moments where I knew my life had changed.  I wanted to be a part of this, this special crazy holiday comedy magic.

Last night, I opened Holiday Mixtape 2012 on that very stage. In addition to other classic sketches I had seen in other holiday BNW shows, I got to sing the epic and legendary Brave New Workshop's 12 Days of Christmas: Shrieking Mother's Chorus.

Originally, this was going to be a long sappy post about life and the roads we take and quoting Wicked.

But the simple matter is: life is amazing. And I am thankful everyday for it.

No comments: