Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why is there a oracle at Target?



I filled my red plastic basket with a 750 count pack of Q-tips, smoothie drink, something else and an unmentionable and headed towards the checkout. I meandered since I was filling time to avoid going back to my hurricaned (metaphor) apartment. I didn't want to use an express checkout since those cashiers are always more friendly and with my unmentionable in my basket I don't like the tiny conveyor belt that spotlights all your purchases. I wanted a regular clogged busy checkout. Or a woman cashier. I found an old man checking out customers and chose his line. Casually I emptied my basket and pretended I knew what I was doing. He checked out my purchases as normal and asked me how I was doing. I said, "Good" I asked him how he was doing. He said, "Ok." then he kept checking out my things and said, "But tomorrow comes whether I am feeling good or not, the word doesn't stop because I am not having a good time, right?" I smiles and agreed.

Target: Everything you need and the insight you forgot you needed.

No comments: