Monday, March 22, 2010

Sweatpants for your feet.

Tim  Gunn hates flip-flops and you should too.

 In his book, A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style, Tim Gunn says flip-flops make women walk like ducks (Men already do walk like duck so it's not the flip-flops' fault.)

I don't like flip-flops for the cult of cool carefree-ness they have. I really hate the little foam ones that everyone has in fifteen colors, I didn't even know there were fifteen colors in the world. They look stupid and they fall off. And make that sound that is grossly too similar to the "I am eating a lot of peanut butter in my mouth and I sound like a dog about it," sound. Not classy. And no spy would ever wear flip-flops. 

I also am not understanding why brides and bridesmaids are wearing flip-flops. Lots of women whine and complain for a chance to dress up in public. Why are they then choosing a Crayola foam board as the pedestal on which to place themselves?

And growing up, we called them thongs. Thing are very different now. 

I hate flip-flops. And so does Tim Gunn.


Flip-flops make you look fat. 






No comments: