Monday, March 28, 2011

Quiz!!! Just like a women's magazine!


I recently attended one of Lizz Winstead's Political Satire Writing workshops. Here's the magic that came out of it. I co-wrote it with three other women that I only remember one of. Her name was Jessica. 


Find Out if You Were Raped? A Quiz. 

Piece #2 MN writers workshop.

20 




MAR 2011
Under the “No Federal Taxpayer Dollars For Abortion Bill” House Republicans suggested narrowing the exception for federal subsidies for abortions to include only those instances where a woman was “forcibly” raped. If this became law, Women’s Magazines will have to help women figure out who's really at fault for the rape (because if it wasn't forcible rape, it's consensual rape, am I right ridiculous law-makers?)* with this quiz.

*Clearly I am a woman that should take her shoes off and get back in the kitchen.

I’VE BEEN RAPED! DID I CONSENT?
Take this quiz!
1. MY RAPIST WAS:
a. A stranger
b. A relative or authority figure or lesser known professional athlete
c. Someone I didn’t know was going to rape me
2. DURING YOUR ATTACK YOU SAW:
a. A visible weapon
b. A penis
c. A promise of Internet stardom
3. YOUR ATTACK OCCURRED:
a. In a dark alley in/or a war zone
b. At Home
c. Somewhere you didn’t want it to
4. THE EVENTS SURROUNDING YOUR ATTACK YOU WERE:
a. Walking down the street
b. Walking down the street alone
c. Walking down the street wearing something rapey
5. JUST PRIOR TO YOUR ATTACK YOU WERE:
a. Sober but thinking about a drink
b. Tipsy
c. I stopped counting after 12
6. YOUR SEXUAL HISTORY:
a. I was a virgin
b. I had only been with my husband
c. I stopped counting after 12
7. WHO DID YOU REPORT YOUR ATTACK TO?
a. No one
b. The police
c. I posted it on Facebook
8. WERE YOU ASKING FOR IT?
a. Never
b. I’m not sure
c. I have a vagina don’t I?
YOUR RESULTS:
Mostly A’s – You’re still a dirty whore
Mostly B’s- You liked it a little, didn’t you?
Mostly C’s- Good luck, Mommy!

No comments: