Friday, May 4, 2012

How to write a play

These are mermaids not Merblades, 
there is a difference but you'll 
have to see the show to know.
Welcome back! How about that? 


So I am in the MN Fringe Festival again and I am super excited. The show I am creating is called Merblades: Memoirs of a James Cameron. And it is just as awesome as it sounds. 


But I am not here to plug my fringe show just yet (but I will soon). 


I am here to tell you how to write the first draft of a play. This is the method I used last night to kick out the first draft of Merblades. 


1. Have a mild dairy intolerance. 


2. Buy two quarts of Breyer's Ice Cream (Oreo and Reese's Peanut butter cup)


3. Put lots of ice cream in a bowl. Eat it.


4. Start writing your play. Keep eating and writing. Let the fear of stomach revenge at every bite race the words across the screen. The more you write the less your stomach will kill you. (not a medical fact)


5. Eat until 2/3 of a quart of ice cream (collectively from both quarts)


6. Congratulations! You have the first draft of your play! 


You are welcome. 




No comments: