Friday, May 27, 2011

Fringe Friday: Histories' Mysteries

Fringe Friday #2. (Here's Fringe Friday #1) The second the the series of updates on the creation of the show Your Responsibility for Sex Failure for the 2011 Minnesota Fringe Festival.


If you don't know by now, you will, Your Responsibility for Sex Failure is based on advice and articles from early 1960's ladies magazines. Think Cosmo 50 years ago.


Most of the magazines' stories are elaborate dramas involving the glamorous world of doctors and nurses.

As part of my research, my mom lent me her college yearbooks from 1960 to 1964. She let me steal them on the condition that I don't show anyone her picture:




This is not my mom. This is the 1964 Montana State Harvest Queen.


Did you really think my mom was the Harvest Queen?

Do you really think I would embarrass my mom like that?

Only like this: Can you find her in this sorority photo?


Did you find her?

Let me help you:


Ta-da!



Fun and games aside, I need to research sexy nurses.

Like these ladies:

Hot. 

Here's my interpretation of that:
Here's our show image! Come see our show! Aug 4-14th 2011
Minneapolis Theatre Garage.



Oh! Here's my mom again.
She's going to be so pretend angry.

To even things up here is a photo of me from 8th grade:



I don't know what is going on here. 

No comments: