Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An Election Break: Things in my Fridge

I have never wanted a newspaper more than right now. I am frazzled clicking through websites to find the election results and what those mean to particular areas. Too many charts and infographics. So I stopped.

Instead, I am going to blog about what is in my fridge. I have five different types of jellies and jams in my fridge. What flavors would you guess they are:

Strawberry?

Nope.

Grape?

Nope.

Mixed Berry?

Nope.

Blueberry?

Nope.

Blackberry?

Nope.

Is it any type of berry?

Nope.

Marmalade?

Nope.

Give up? Of course, you do. Well if you have a hankering for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich over here at my place here are your jelly options: hot pepper jelly, lemon jelly, lime curd, onion confit or quince jelly.

How do I come across this odd assortment of bread toppings?

Well, the lemon was given to me because we share the same name: Meyer. The lime and hot pepper I bought out of adventure. The onion and quince are from my trip to Paris this summer, where I would buy without knowing what they were and then had the fun game of translating what they are. Best game ever. Seriously, I bought some amazing pepper spread this way.

And now, you can return to local and national election covereage, but if you need a PB&J you know who to call.

No comments: